Municipal Committee Dunyapur

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

MC Dunyapur is a Tehsil of District Lodhran. The foundation of Lodhran city was laid in 1830. In 1849 it came under the British rule and settlement operation in the city started in 1873 and concluded in April 1875. The district got its present name in 1873. Previously it was ascribed different names like Chak Bangar, Pirwala etc.  Initially, Tehsil Lodhran comprised 19 villages. Kahror Pacca and Dunyapur were annexed with Lodhran in 1924. Kahror Pacca is the oldest town of Lodhran. Lodhran was raised to the status of district in 1991 and comprised 424 villages. In 1992, fourteen more villages were included in the district.

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 MC Dunyapur, Pakistan. All rights reserved.